Your pre-wedding events are almost as important as the wedding itself – precisely because they will help your wedding VIP guests bond with each other and create an amazing atmosphere on the actual Big Day.
However, pre-wedding events can be an itchy subject when it comes to the financial side, especially if you know your bridesmaids cannot afford to spend very much.
Your bachelorette party is one of the most important pre-wedding events – but who should actually pay for it? Do you, as a bride, have to pay for anything?
- No, normally, the bride doesn’t pay for the actual bachelorette party (and/or the activities included on it). However, she is usually expected to pay for her transportation and for her accommodation, if the bachelorette party is planned outside of her hometown. All the other activities (dinner, spa day, etc.) are usually paid by the bridesmaids and the other guests.
- The bridesmaids are also expected to pay for their transportation and accommodation, as well as their own share of the entertainment part (aside from splitting the costs for the bride’s entertainment, as mentioned above).
- On top of the bachelorette party, the bridesmaids are usually expected to pay for the costs of a bridal shower too, as well as their dresses and wedding day accessories too.
- When put together, these expenses can add up to quite a lot of money, so it’s understandable if you, as a bride, are concerned about the amount of money your friends are spending for your wedding and pre-wedding events.
- If you want to make sure your bridesmaids’ budgets aren’t pushed over the edge, try to discuss with your Maid of Honor (the person who will plan the bachelorette party) and ask her to limit the spending. Thankfully, there are a lot of budget-friendly bachelorette party options out there, from nights out in town to dinner at a nice local restaurant or mini trips to nearby spa centers. The less money your bridesmaids have to spend for all of these pre-wedding elements, the more grateful they will be.
Looking for the most romantic historical wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn right now and allow us to be the ones who host the most amazing day of your life! With our venue on your side, your guests are bound to have the time of their lives at the wedding!